The Amazon Echo is a smart speaker.
The Amazon Echo (First Generation) connects to your home through your internet connection (wi-fi). We have a limited number of these in stock for those who prefer the taller devices, which we also prefer on MemoryBeach.
We like the taller Echos because they are sleek, and have great surround sound. Plus, you can see them, to turn them on and off, if you prefer privacy.
The Echo uses voice recognition to "listen" to a spoken command, and takes action based on your command. You must say, “Alexa...” proceeding your command.
Using the Alexa Voice Service, the Echo is "listening" all the time (even when music is playing) for a command to perform various tasks, which are called skills – some of which are below (keep in mind there are thousands from which to choose. Even MemoryBeach has a skill):
- Here helpful tips from the MemoryBeach blog every day if you wish
- Make a phone call from your address book on your smart phone or in your desktop app
- Set a reminder on any day of the week
- Set an alarm in the same day
- Read a book, from a book-reading program or from youtube
- Get directions to some place
- Let you know what's coming up on your Google Calendar
- Set a TO DO list, and ask for a reminder at a particular time
- Play music from a music app, or from youtube
- Report traffic and weather,
- Ask for information on local businesses
- Get the latest sports scores and game schedules,
- Control your internet-connected lights, switches, and thermostats
- Schedule car rides if you're going out
- Order good food if you're staying in
The Amazon Echo is in the Wave Level: Epic.
It's thrilling surf these Epic waves, and because it takes some practice to get good at doing so, it's ok to ask for help.
MemoryBeach sells all Epic products with a minimum of 1-month LifeGuard support. You may sign up for more support (3-Months or 6-Months) if you'd like additional help.
If you've purchased your Echo some place else, you can also sign up for LifeGuard support separately.
With a MemoryBeach LifeGuard, you get the most out of the Echo when you open the box.
- A MemoryBeach LifeGuard will help you set up your Echo by phone, Skype, Google Hangouts, or Facetime.
- A MemoryBeach LifeGuard will help you to customize your Echo commands by choosing the right applications to download to your Amazon account, for the things you want to do.
- Click Here to set up your product support. Make sure you choose the first option: AMAZON ECHO PRODUCT SUPPORT (INCLUDED).
Looking for Amazon echo facts? Click here for a quick guide saved as a PDF file directly from Amazon.
Click on the Link for Amazon's Set-Up Video: http://alexa.amazon.com/spa/index.html#first-run-tutorial/AB72C64C86AW2
Useful Information on Electronic Privacy
Before purchasing the Amazon Echo or any other speaker-enabled and internet-connected listening device, please take some time to learn about the latest developments in electronic privacy by clicking on the link to the Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC): https://www.epic.org/
The EPIC is a public interest research center in Washington, DC. EPIC was established in 1994 to focus public attention on emerging privacy and civil liberties issues and to protect privacy, freedom of expression, and democratic values in the information age.
YES! ON ALL ORDERS > $100